I talked in an earlier post about my love of lists. I enjoy putting all my ideas in one place. Preferably on nice paper, written in a brightly coloured sharpie.
I thought it would be good to share with you the list I have planned for this year. I have tried to consider my aspirations for the year and you will see that travel, experiences and sharing with others feature in the majority. I have already completed some of them since January but have plenty more to work towards over the next months.
- Watch the Superbowl. I don’t really understand American Football but having grown up with ‘Friends’, I feel this is somewhat of a rite of passage. The Superbowl is on the 3rd February this year and I intend to stay up late, eat American foods and watch it live.
- Eat at a Pie and Mash Shop. Sadly the East End tradition of Pie and Mash shops appears to be on the wane, so I want to catch this while I can.
- Make Churros. I have never eaten these, but the idea of this Spanish dish of fried donughts and hot chocolate sounds too good to pass up.
- Be involved in a Flashmob. This modern phenomenon looks like such good fun.
Set up a blog.This has been an ambition for a while and one I am glad to say that I am really enjoying.
- Have a Pinterest Party. I love Pinterest but spend much more time pinning projects than doing them. At a Pinterest party, you all bring along something you want to do and enjoy some social crafting.
Go to a local MK Dons Football Game.We have a local football team but I have never been to a game. We went in January as part of Date Day (in an earlier post) and in my quest to try new things.
- Go to Hampton Court Palace. I love an old Palace and anything with a little bit of Royal History.
- Go to Lincoln Christmas Market. I am a little bit obsessed with Christmas and love making the most of the festive season. This is one of Britain’s largest markets and one I have yet to visit.
- Go Wing Walking. I am not usually a risk taker but there is something about this that really appeals to me. Let’s see if I have the courage to do it!
- Have a shopping day at Kings Cross St Pancras station. The station holds a few of my favourite shops including Cath Kidston, Oliver Bonas and Paperchase. I usually rush through on my way to somewhere else, but want to spend an afternoon enjoying the shops and partaking in Afternoon Tea at DrinkShopDo www.drinkshopdo.com
- Go to Winter Wonderland. Linked to 9 above, I was really jealous of the fabulous pictures posted by many of my friends from last year’s event. I am definitely going to make an effort to get there this year.
- See ‘Wicked’ in the West End. I went last year and loved the show. Given that Wizard of Oz is going to be the big thing this year, I would like to see this again.
- Visit Lyme Regis. A literary destination and a setting in my favourite novel, ‘Persuasion’.
- Visit Windsor. As with 8 above, it would be a lovely way to spend a weekend, wandering around a place with such great history.
Set up a regular date day.We are lucky enough to socialise a lot together, so don’t need a date night. However, I wanted to set a date in the month to spend the day together, experiencing something new and having some fun.
- Visit Waddeson Manor. Local to us, it is a beautiful setting to enjoy a day out and afternoon tea!
Random Acts of Kindness.I have already started this and have a plan of more to do in the year.
- Visit the Isle of Wight. I have never been and would love to see this part of England.
- Revisit Bath. We went as part of my 30th Birthday celebrations and had a fab time. My sister is moving back to the area, so I am hoping it will give me the perfect excuse to visit again.
- Set up a regular Cocktail Night with the girls. I am fortunate to have an amazing group of girlfriends. However, due to our various career, family and other commitments, we don’t get together as often as we should. By setting up a regular date, hopefully we can rectify this!
- Enjoy an American Style Brunch at a local pub. The Burnaby Arms in Bedford has started holding pop up events, including American Brunch. I love American breakfasts, think Pancakes, Bacon and Maple Syrup, so I definitely want to support this local event.
- Take a burlesque class and unleash my inner vintage goddess.
- Volunteer at my local Foodbank. I am lucky enough to be able to think about what I want to eat, not what I can afford to eat. By supporting my local Foodbank, I want to be able to pay some of this forward. http://bedford.foodbank.org.uk
- Decorate a Gingerbread House. They look so impressive, but I have never had the patience to make one before. In an exercise of discpline, creativity and indulging my inner child, I am definitely going to make one this year.
- Undertake in Yarnbombing or Legobombing to complete my own little guerilla art project.
- Hold a ‘Picnic in the Park’ event and have a large picnic with friends (and maybe some strangers too!) in a local park.
- Take a day trip to the Coast. We live about as far from the sea as is possible in the UK, so I would like to walk the beach, eat fish and chips and feel the sand between my toes.
- Set up a ‘Give it a Go’ List. As per my earlier post, it would be good to set up a list of things that I may not otherwise try.
Go to the Cinema on my own.Until this year, I had never been to the Cinema by myself. When Les Mis appeared in early January, I bit the bullet and went on a Friday night by myself. I found it liberating and enjoyable and something I will definitely be doing again.
- Get another tattoo. Inspired by Pinterest and the general move to indulge my creative side, I would like to get another tattoo.
- Cook something unusual. I love to cook and have fairly wide ranging tastes. However, I haven’t experimented much with unusual cuts. I am thinking Steak and Kidney Suet Pudding, Pork Scratchings, and Pig Cheeks. I will let you know how it turns out!
- Get into a regular fitness routine. Exercise is not something that I enjoy or that comes naturally to me, but I do appreciate the benefits it brings. So, as part of my new life approach, I need to build this into my daily routine.
- Buy flowers regularly. I love having fresh flowers in the house and think this is linked to spending my money consciously, on the things that bring me pleasure.
Having read these through, I am amazed at how many have a food connection. Well, that explains a lot about me and what makes me happy and why I need to do #33!
I would love for your feedback or share your own list. Who knows, we may cross paths in some of our endeavours.