The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin has changed my outlook on life and made me think about what I need to do to make myself happier. Several of my friends have also read the book and want to apply some of the concepts to their own life.
We decided it might be a good idea to form a regular group to share ideas. The fact that it would be in a pub and there may well be cake involved probably helped to sweeten the deal!
One of the members suggested some homework before our first meeting, so we each came up with a list of five things we would like to do more of in our daily life and five things we would like to do less of.
Here are my lists.
Things I would like to do more of;
· Creative and Craft Based projects to keep my imagination engaged
· Entertaining and cooking at Home
· Travelling, weekends away and day trips
· Exercise consistently and get into a routine.
· Buy fresh flowers
Things I would like to do less of;
· Spend money on unnecessary things (my wants)
· Watch less tv, particularly reality tv
· Spend less time with negative people and those that sap my energy
· Drink less fizzy drinks – I am slightly addicted to Pepsi Max!
What things would you like to do less of in your daily life? What things would you like to do more of?