As spring feels like it is just around the corner, it seems like a good time to take stock and revisit my lists. I find it is good to see what I have achieved and start to make plans for those things still outstanding. A change in the weather feels me with more hope, energy and enthusiasm to get stuff moving! I have provided updates so you can all monitor my progress;
Watch the Superbowl.The Superbowl was on the 3rd February this year and I ate American foods, watched it live with some good friends and had a fab time. I may make it an annual tradition!
- Eat at a Pie and Mash Shop. Sadly the East End tradition of Pie and Mash shops appears to be on the wane, so I want to catch this while I can.I still need to arrange this and may be one for Autumn, when Pie seems more fitting!
- Eat Churros. I have never eaten these, but the idea of this Spanish dish of fried donughts and hot chocolate sounds too good to pass up. Again, I need to plan to do this!
- Be involved in a Flashmob. This modern phenomenon looks like such good fun. Without wishing to give anything away, this is in the planning stages!
Set up a blog.This has been an ambition for a while and one I am glad to say that I am really enjoying.
- Have a Pinterest Party. I love Pinterest but spend much more time pinning projects than doing them. At a Pinterest party, you all bring along something you want to do and enjoy some social crafting.It is my birthday next month, so may be something I arrange for then.
Go to a local MK Dons Football Game.We have a local football team but I have never been to a game. We went in January as part of Date Day (in an earlier post) and in my quest to try new things.
- Go to Hampton Court Palace. I love an old Palace and anything with a little bit of Royal History. We have booked this in with my Sister in Law for a couple of months time.
- Go to Lincoln Christmas Market. I am a little bit obsessed with Christmas and love making the most of the festive season. This is one of Britain’s largest markets and one I have yet to visit. This really needs to wait until Christmas!
- Go Wing Walking. I am not usually a risk taker but there is something about this that really appeals to me. Let’s see if I have the courage to do it! I have done some research into this, and it appears difficult but doable. I need to look into this a bit more, but think it could really happen!
Have a shopping Day at Kings Cross St Pancras.The station holds a few of my favourite shops including Cath Kidston, Oliver Bonas and Paperchase. I usually rush through on my way to somewhere else, but want to spend an afternoon enjoying the shops and partaking in Afternoon Tea at DrinkShopDo www.drinkshopdo.com. My very good friend Lucy and I spent a lovely afternoon last weekend persuing the shops and indulging in afternoon tea. It was fab!
- Go to Winter Wonderland. Linked to 9 above, I was really jealous of the fabulous pictures posted by many of my friends from last year’s event. I am definitely going to make an effort to get there this year. Again, a little early to have achieved this!
See ‘Wicked’ in the West End.</em> I went last year and loved the show. I went again this weekend and loved it just as much the second time. Now I am really excited for the Oz film due out this week!
- Visit Lyme Regis. A literary destination and a setting in my favourite novel, ‘Persuasion’. I need to plan this in, maybe for September?
- Visit Windsor. As with 8 above, it would be a lovely way to spend a weekend, wandering around a place with such great history. Similarly, I need to plan this in.
Set up a regular date day.We are lucky enough to socialise a lot together, so don’t need a date night. However, I wanted to set a date in the month to spend the day together, experiencing something new and having some fun.
- Visit Waddeson Manor. Local to us, it is a beautiful setting to enjoy a day out and afternoon tea! This would make a great Date Day activity so will think about the best time to go.
Random Acts of Kindness.I have already started this and have a plan of more to do in the year.
- Visit the Isle of Wight. I have never been and would love to see this part of England. I am noticing that a lot of the travel based ones have been harder to achieve, so need to start planning some weekends away!
- Revisit Bath. We went as part of my 30th Birthday celebrations and had a fab time. My sister is moving back to the area, so I am hoping it will give me the perfect excuse to visit again. As above, I need to get working with this!
Set up a regular Cocktail Night with the girls.I am fortunate to have an amazing group of girlfriends. However, due to our various career, family and other commitments, we don’t get together as often as we should. We have had a couple of nights out and have some more planned so I feel like we are getting there! Enjoy an American Style Brunch at a local pub. The Burnaby Arms in Bedford has started holding pop up events, including American Brunch. We went to their recent Mardi Gras themed event and enjoyed french toast, maple syrup, bacon and eggs. I will definitely be looking out for the next one!
- Take a burlesque class and unleash my inner vintage goddess. Luckily, I found a tassel twirling workshop that is taking place on my birthday weekend, so have promptly booked myself in!
- Volunteer at my local Foodbank. I am lucky enough to be able to think about what I want to eat, not what I can afford to eat. By supporting my local Foodbank, I want to be able to pay some of this forward. I am planning a visit when I have some leave in March. http://bedford.foodbank.org.uk
- Decorate a Gingerbread House. They look so impressive, but I have never had the patience to make one before. In an exercise of discpline, creativity and indulging my inner child, I am definitely going to make one this year. Another seasonal one that I don’t feel too bad about not completing!
- Undertake Yarnbombing or Legobombing to complete my own little guerilla art project. Rather excitingly, I was recently awarded a commission for Yarnbombing by the lovely people at Bedford Creative Arts. So, this is definitely going to happen!
- Hold a ‘Picnic in the Park’ event and have a large picnic with friends (and maybe some strangers too!) in a local park. Waiting for better weather, but this will be fun!
- Take a day trip to the Coast. We live about as far from the sea as is possible in the UK, so I would like to walk the beach, eat fish and chips and feel the sand between my toes. I am hoping to do this in April, when the weather is better!
- Set up a ‘Give it a Go’ List. As per my earlier post, it would be good to set up a list of things that I may not otherwise try. I have started this list but have very few things on it, so am waiting until it is more impressive before sharing it with you.
Go to the Cinema on my own.Until this year, I had never been to the Cinema by myself. When Les Mis appeared in early January, I bit the bullet and went on a Friday night by myself. I found it liberating and enjoyable and something I will definitely be doing again.
- Get another tattoo. Inspired by Pinterest and the general move to indulge my creative side, I would like to get another tattoo. I have narrowed my choices but haven’t been brave enough to commit to the needle yet.
- Cook something unusual. I love to cook and have fairly wide ranging tastes. However, I haven’t experimented much with unusual cuts. I am thinking Steak and Kidney Suet Pudding, Pork Scratchings, and Pig Cheeks. I will let you know how it turns out! This is one for a relaxed weekend in the kitchen. I just need to stop doing the other fun things on this list so I can accommodate it!
Get into a regular fitness routine.Exercise is not something that I enjoy or that comes naturally to me, but I do appreciate the benefits it brings. So, as part of my new life approach, I need to build this into my daily routine. I have pretty much acheived this one, with gym sessions most days before work. I am feeling the benefits of regular and scheduled work outs. Buy flowers regularly. I have made a point to buy these every week and have enjoyed have the scent and look of having fresh flowers in the house. A simple and easy to achieve pleasure.
Having read these through, I am pleasantly surprised by how many I am on my way to completing. How are your lists getting on? Are some things harder to acheive than others?